Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunny Surprise!

Some moments are unforgettable, in a really good way. I got to have one of these moments yesterday...one that took my breath away. A moment I want to always remember.

I walked into my home after work and there on the dining room table, standing so tall and smiling at me, were a dozen huge, happy, beautiful, bright, oh-so-fragrant, yellow roses. They took me by such surprise, all I could do was stand there motionless and marvel at their beauty for the longest time.



And then I saw the note on the vase from my cowboy-son Rob wishing me happy Valentines Day and telling me he loved me. My mom-heart melted to feel so very loved.


Isn't that the most beautiful unfolding rose?! I love the spiral of the petals in the center. Amazing!

It’s such a great movie to imagine in my mind...the getting of the roses. The big, oh-so-handsome cowboy driving in his tough truck to where flowers are sold. And the choosing...for me, mom. Of all the flowers...roses, yellow roses! Huge, tall, sunny, yellow-my-favorite-color, roses. And tiny pink flowers interspersed in the greenery. Roses that would practically knock me over with their beauty, and put the biggest smile on my face. Roses that would take a large chunk out of his wallet. Sunny roses that would mean the world to me.

And the getting home of the roses. Carrying them into his truck, setting the vase next to him on the seat, and protecting it with one hand from falling over while he drives home. And the happy roses swaying along in the bumpy truck, tall enough to see out of the truck’s windows and smiling in all their glory at the other drivers on the road.


Or maybe he enlisted the help of a friend (probably one cowboy friend, in particular) and the roses got to sit on the friend’s lap, even higher, and block the friend’s view of the road ahead as they showed their happy blooms to all who would take a glance. I imagine Rob (and friend) had a smile on the way home too. (Truly, it’s the stuff movies are made of! Two tough cowboys in a loud truck, rambling along with a huge vase of yellow roses! Who is the lucky girl?!)

And carefully taking them out of his truck and bringing them into our home...placing them on our table next to the bay window, where they would get plenty of light, and where I would be sure to see them as soon as I walked in. And writing a special note to me.



It makes me so happy to think that my son did this generous and loving thing for ME! Because he loves me...and wanted to show me just how much...on this very special day. Thank you, Robbie. Words can’t describe how much these gorgeous roses mean to me! Long after they are gone, I will remember how happy you made me today. I love you, forever and ever! ~Mom~

4N72FDJYU3X5

No comments:

Post a Comment