Saturday, February 5, 2011

One Thing Led to Another

Lately, I've been noticing that the lace curtains in my bedroom look more gray than white and that it was time for a cleaning. So yesterday the curtains came down off their rods and took the plunge into the washing machine. I was so excited this morning to get them back up. My windows looked so blah without them.

I got out of bed, walked over and opened the blinds, only to see more of the dreary sky that's been hanging around lately. But what was even worse, was the dirty condition of my blinds, which had been covered by curtains all winter long. The dust had certainly made itself at home. How could I put sparkling clean curtains back up against these dirty blinds? The cleaning began. It started with me flapping a duster around the blinds. Useless. Out came the vaccum cleaner with the brush attachment, slat by slat. It got the top layer of dust, but there was still a lot of stubborn dirt beneath. How long has it been since I cleaned these babies? I'm not going to fess up. Too embarrassing.

So one thing led to another, and next I had a bucket of warm water with a dash of Murphy's Oil Soap added, and I went to work on each wood slat. An hour later (still in my pajamas), each slat looked white and new again. Out came the Windex, up went the blinds, and off came the dirt on the windows too.  

Finally, my windows were clean-curtain worthy and up they went! Jubilation! I think I have the spring cleaning bug, now. That was just the beginning. Now if the sun would just come out and stream through my clean windows, blinds, and curtains! Won't it be wonderful when spring shows her face again?! ~CJ~

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if I clean my windows I can help you coax the sun out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth a try, Holly! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so inspiring! Like you always have been to me. I feel so inspired now to photograph all the plants my kids planted in water in containers inside and blog them. They will make such beautiful little posts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Di! I want to see pictures of your kids' plants! Let the spring growing begin!

    ReplyDelete