Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Cowboy Needs a Place to Hang His Hat

My son is a cowboy. He hasn't always been a cowboy. He morphed one day from baggy, saggy pants to Wranglers, cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and a truck. I think it happened overnight. I like having a cowboy.

A cowboy needs a place to hang his hat. The kitchen bar is not a place for a cowboy hat. Joann's clearance shelf had some treasures today that I couldn't resist. Hooks. Colorful hooks. Big enough for a cowboy hat.








What do you think? :)

Not long ago I found some other on-sale treasures at Smith's Marketplace...colorful little plates. There's the perfect spot on my kitchen wall that's calling out for them.

I had a dilema, though. I didn't know how to hang them, because they didn't come with hooks. After all, they were meant to be eatten off of. After a little research on the internet, I found the perfect solution...metal hangers attached with Household Goop (I'd never heard of it!). I ran over to Home Depot to purchase the tube of magic. I just finished glueing the hangers to my plates and I get to wait 24 hours before I can hang them. Here's a sneak peek.


Stay tuned for the unveiling on my wall! ~CJ~

No comments:

Post a Comment