Friday, February 18, 2011

Sticky Time!


I've been having so much fun knitting a set of baby items for a gift. So far I have knitted a sweater, socks, and mittens. This is the start of the Colorful Slip Stitch Baby Hat that matches the mittens! And this is the last piece! (Although I probably won't be able to resist knitting more of the sockies!)

The pattern comes from Mittens & Hats for Yarn Lovers. I'm really enjoying the slip stitch. There's no way to for boredom to find its way into this project. I am constantly changing colors (four, to be exact) and altering stitches. I have to stay on my toes!

The slip stitch pattern is repeated every four rounds, changing colors every two rounds. It's worked on a 16" size 6 circular needle. I started the hat with the main color of green and worked 2 rounds of the rib stitch, before starting the slip stitch pattern.



Then, the slip stitch pattern starts with red yarn...



Knit the 1st round, and purl the 2nd round to begin the pattern.


Next comes yellow for the 3rd and 4th rounds of the pattern: 3rd round is knit 1, slip 1, throughout. Then the 4th round is purl 1, slip 1 (with yarn in back) thoughout.

On to blue now, and start the pattern again. Round 1, knit. Round 2, purl...


It's green's turn now...round 3 (knit 1, slip 1), and round 4 (purl 1, slip 1 wyib)...


Isn't it looking colorful and fun?! I love it! 


It's a very satifsying stitch with all the variety! Easy, and definitely fun to watch develop.


Well, this is as far as I got before it was lights-out time. It was so tempting to stay up and finish the little cutie. Dang my alarm clock in the morning! It's brutal! 

More to come...Happy Friday! ~CJ~

No comments:

Post a Comment