Saturday, March 5, 2011

Off My Needles & Onto My Feet!

They're done! They fit! They're comfy! And they're BRIGHT and fun to wear!


I'm having so much fun with these socks that I knitted for myself. What fun to graft the toe of sock #2 last night and then put both of them on. I didn't want to take them off. I felt like a kid who got new shoes and wanted to sleep in them. (However, I did finally take them off!)




Learning to knit has really upped the creative excitement level in my life. It's been fun to learn how to knit something other than a square. Thank goodness I have YouTube (the best teacher ever) to help me along.

And I have a nasty habit of getting so excited about a new thing, giving it a go, and then dropping it like a hot potato when the newness wears off or the Next Fun Thing comes along. So far so good in slaying that dragon and finishing my projects. A first for me, really! Only time will tell with future projects. Ha ha!




Can't wait to cast on again for the Next Fun Thing! Happy weekend! ~CJ~

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful socks! How long did it take you to finish them? I want to learn! I love that you felt like a kid with a new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It only took me 2 weeks to knit them. Much less time than I expected! (Love the continential method! It makes it go so fast!)

    ReplyDelete