Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Next Fun Thing...


...is a bit of a surprise, so I’m not saying much about it. But I will say that Joann’s had a sale-too-good-to-pass-up on baby flannel, and the night of the big storm found me not holed up in my home, like a sensible person, but at Joann’s cutting table with a shopping cart full of the cutest fabric.
It was actually a great time to shop, because the store was practically empty (void of sensible people), and I got the best picks! I think it snowed 4 inches while I shopped - I did make it home without ending up in a snow bank, luckily. And now the patterns and colors are just too darling to keep secret. So here are some of my Fun Finds, all washed, dried, fluffed up, and ready to sew!

As for what I’m sewing, that will be the mystery. I'm sure having fun with all the fabric combinations. (Hopefully the photos haven’t given too much away!)
There’s another NFT that I can’t hold in…and it came by way of an Amazon box on my front step (such a lovely surprise to come home to - I want to jump and down with joy when one of those is waiting for me!). “It” is two new books all about embroidery: Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners and Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection, both by Aimee Ray.



I have to confess that these books have given me embroidery fever. And just as this page says, want to embroider my world!


I love the casual “doodleness” of her designs and projects (just like her covers promise). They are so fresh and simple. Exactly the style I go for!




I sat in bed looking through the books the night they arrived, and I couldn’t resist picking up a needle and thread to try out the pine cone design. I didn’t even take the time to trace it, I just eyeballed it and had a great time stitching away. A few minutes later and ta-da! It’s a bit out of proportion, but I thought it was cute enough to put in a little round frame. I’ll enjoy it in some nook of my home. And I'm looking forward to stitching many more of these fun designs!  

We've heard it a million times, and it's true...sometimes the simple little things bring the most pleasure. ~CJ~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed. You are deviating away form knitted for a bit here. Those all look like really fun projects. I can't wait to see the ones that YOU make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready for some spit-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new stitch book! It's so much unto create!

    ReplyDelete