Thursday, March 17, 2011

Christmas on St. Paddy's


Today was my lucky day! The lense for my camera body arrived on my doorstep via the big brown delivery truck, and I've officially made the switch from point-and-shoot to DSLR! I feel like a kid at Christmas! 

Ever since I was young, I've been interested in photography. My dad gave me my first film camera when I was about 12. It was an old Argus. I love that he encouraged me to take pictures and learn how cameras work. When I lived in Japan as a teenager, I bought a Fujica SLR (film) and used and loved it for years. 

When the digital revolution hit, my dad was there for me again, giving me my first point-and-shoot "didge." His only advice: Use it with impunity. (I had to look up that word in the dictionary!) No more paying for film and developing! And use it with impunity, I certainly did! I have thousands of photos in my digital library.

Today is a new era for me, and there is so much to learn about DSLR photography. I guess I'll start by taking pictures with impunity, same as before!

So, in case you've been wondering, here is the beginning of my newest project and one of my first photos with my new camera . . . my version of "2-socks-at-a-time" . . .  


I've started both socks on their own set of sticks. And I just move from one to the other as I complete a set in the pattern.

Love the yarn . . . It is Knit Picks "Felici" in the self-striping color "Afternoon." It's lucious both to look at and to touch and makes knitting a joy. 

I'm steaming some bright green asparagus for dinner in honor of St. Paddy's Day. Yum, it's done! I'm off to eat. Luck o' the Irish to ya! ~CJ~

4 comments:

  1. does your sock system work? does this mean you avoid the second sock syndrome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute behind that camera :) I love your yarn. Is that your knitpicks yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, thanks for stopping by! Yes - I'm hoping to avoid the second sock syndrome! Ha ha! Actually, this is my first try at knitting both socks at the same time. The only difference in the socks so far is the color of the striping, but I think it's kind of fun that the colors are different. And I've enjoyed switching back and forth on the socks. I may have stumbled on something good here! I wonder if anyone else is doing socks this way?

    And yes, Holly, this is the KnitPicks yarn that I ordered online! It's sooooo soft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Dad gave you some good advice and I will just echo it again about that great D70 you are holding, "Use it with even more impunity!"

    Love your Sis

    ReplyDelete