Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Thoughts

I lived in Japan for 3 years as a teenager. My dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Yokota AFB, north of Tokyo. When we arrived, it didn’t take me long to love the people of Japan. I felt of their kindness, generosity, and humility in so many instances. It is so heartbreaking to see what they are going through. Words seem inadequate to describe my feelings. I mourn for the lives that have been lost and for their grieving families and friends. I mourn for the homes that have been lost. I wish I could be there to help. Along with so many others, I have a constant prayer in my heart for Japan and its people. It's one powerful way we can come together as a world to help. 

As I see tragedies happen throughout the world, I am reminded of how precious life is. Our lives could change in an instant. As others have posted on their blogs, I echo that it's important to appreciate the beauty and goodness we can find in today - this moment we have been given, and to reach out to those who are less fortunate. We're all in this together, and we never know when our tides might change. ~CJ~       

1 comment: