Saturday, August 6, 2011

Real Food

I love August, when I can stop at the outdoor market and load up on fresh real food (not boxed, packaged, or processed!), some of which is grown locally. They were selling tons of local corn today. When I came home I plopped an ear in some boiling water for a few minutes and had it for lunch. So sweet and tasty.


I love the colors of fresh fruits and vegetables. I couldn't resist taking a snap of today's loot before putting it away.

I'll be munching away on this all week long, and even have a few new recipes I'd like to try, like this Double Tomato Bruschetta, and this Summer Tomato Salad, and this Fresh Tomato Salad.  My garden  is brimming with tomatoes, thyme, oregano, basil, and rosemary. One of these days I'm even going to try to make some Rosemary Focaccia or Rosemary Peasant Bread (can't decide which one to try first!). Yum!  ~CJ~

1 comment: