Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Openness

I took a drive into the country on Saturday. I think I just needed some openness - to get out of the city and see some fields and sky. It was beautiful - the golden hour before sunset. Over the mountains I went and down into a valley. I came upon a field of golden flower-weeds with a train track running through it, surrounded by our mountains. I have no idea what kind of weed-flower they were, but their yellow was good enough for me to become enchanted and click away.

 Hmmm. Wonder what it could be. Lovely in a big field!




The wild sunflowers were in fine form, with bees buzzing around, doing their thing. I came across some critters, too.

 I actually heard this guy hee-hawing before I saw him. Truly a horrible noise. I thought something was dying. You can tell I haven't been around farm animals much.


Aren't my mountains majestic?

Is this guy an alpaca? He was hanging out by the sheep under the trees, eating the leaves. His long neck was coming in handy (or rather necky, I should say).


It was certainly a beautiful drive and so good to get out in the open and breathe. One of these days I'll pick up my knitting again, but right now I can't seem to put my camera down! ~CJ~

5 comments:

  1. Oh i miss those Utah mountains soooooooo much! Sigh. One day we'll live by mountains... one day! Your photos look SO good. They all look so very natural and beautiful. I love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom you always do such fun things! I'd be right there with you if I lived closer! And doesn't that look like Tina the fat lard? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's late and I am sitting here in front of my computer enjoying your blog, thinking to myself you should write a book, become a writer, write a book about barns or farms or fields. You have a talent for capturing things in a new light, seeing things in a different way, enchanting things. I love your photos and your blog. I think photography is a gift from God to you, one of your innate endowments. I am amazed at how your knowledge of photography has never escaped you and how so quickly you have cultivated more. You are so talented. LoVe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I LOVE that first shot of the railroad with the mountains in the distance. Sure makes me miss home. :)

    ReplyDelete