Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Deer Friend Has a Boyfriend


I went back to the woods this evening, hoping to catch another glimpse of my deer friend. This time I took my telephoto with me, so I could get a better snap.

I walked off the trail into the woods in the same area that I saw the doe in. It wasn't two minutes later that I heard the bushes moving below me and spotted this buck's antlers moving up and down as he snacked on a bush. He was too hidden by brush and bushes for me to get a good picture. But I was patient and eventually he moved out of the bushes and up closer to me.

I was surprised to see a doe with him. I think she was my deer friend again, and I was happy to see them both. Bucky here was bold and posed for me, though she was shy and stayed in the bushes. It was beautiful to watch them bound off together when they decided to go.

I think I've caught on to a favorite spot of theirs, and I hope to meet up with them another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment