Sunday, July 17, 2011

Katie Evans Photography Workshop

Katie Evans is an amazing photographer out of the Austin, Texas area. I've been a fan of her blog and never thought I'd ever get the chance to meet her. But she brought her "The Key to Taking Pictures Workshop" to my home state of Utah on Saturday, and I jumped on board. Maybe you've seen her easy-to-read and informative ebook by the same name? Or purchased it? I did!

Katie held the workshop at a colorful little shop called the Vintage Cupcake Co. in Ogden. There is a comfy sitting area in the back where the six of us in the workshop sat, getting intimately acquainted our cameras, and clicking our shutters, as we practiced.

It was so much fun to get to know Katie in person and learn from her. I've only been shooting with a DSLR since January and her workshop came at a great time for me. It was basic enough to cover all the ins and outs of camera settings and how they all work together, but it also taught about the artistic side of composition and editing. The best part was having Katie there to help us figure it all out on our cameras and then we went outside and practiced taking pictures. I learned so much. She even gave us all a printed copy of her book.

Here is Katie (on the right) with Ally, another workshop attendee. And it's me behind the camera (my favorite place)!



When it was over, Katie treated us all to giant yummy cupcakes, and I practiced my new skills by taking some snaps of the fun cupcake shop.















Thanks so much, Katie, for a wonderful workshop! I highly recommend it and Katie's ebook to anyone wanting to increase their photography skills! ~CJ~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carol! You also are a great photographer! I still need to post :/
    Thanks so much for the photo! You are so sweet
    I also enjoyed meeting you, and look forward to following you're blog!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol! You are amazing with the shutter! What a fun workshop. You are my photo inspiration. Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete