Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Garden Kitties in the Sun

It's one of my delights...my kitties follow me out into the garden. First they roll around on the patio. I assume it's a good back-scratch for them. And then they find a sunny spot to soak up the sun, sometimes keeping an eye on me, and sometimes just closing their eyes and enjoying the warmth (like Rascal kitty, above).

We've had a crazy cold and wet spring this year. But Sunday morning, for just a few hours, the sun was bright and warm. Mother Nature celebrating Easter, I believe. The kitties and I enjoyed some time in the garden soaking it up.

About a month ago I cut last year's leftover catnip sticks down to little nubs, in anticipation of replanting in a new, unbroken pot. Patch kitty is in love with the catnip nubs. See how she hangs out on the pot...and then practically curls up inside? I love to see her enjoying herself so!


My first tulips are in bloom. Such intense yellow and red. One exotic firey pattern. How can they be so perfect? Year after year they never fail me!



There are many more to bloom. It's just beginning!


The hyacinth is as delicate and uber-fragrant as ever. It seems I can smell it now, just looking at this picture! Can you catch a whiff too?!



There's nothing like a sunny, flowery garden to lift the spirit and fill us with peace and appreciation for the beauty of the earth. ~CJ~

1 comment:

  1. I love all you photos, you are an amazing photographer, it is time you start making money taking portraits. You have an excellent feel for composition and cropping. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete